3 Simple Approaches to Re-Empower Yourself
Who doesn’t love pasta?!
This recipe is so great because you don’t need to boil and cook the pasta beforehand! Everyone who has tried this absolutely loves it, so I hope you do too.
Makes 6 big portions:
– 500g cooked chicken breast (diced small)
– 500g pasta shells
– 500ml tomato & basil pasta sauce
– 500ml stock of choice (I used a chicken cube mixed with boiling water)
– 130g grated cheddar cheese
– 150g plain, full cream yoghurt
– Finely diced onions & red pepper
– As much garlic as your heart desires
– Italian herbs
– Turmeric (optional – doesn’t change the flavour but has anti-inflammatory properties. Note – it will add a yellow colour)
1. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
2. Place pasta in a large baking dish
3. Cover with pasta sauce & stock
4. Mix through the remaining ingredients, cover dish and bake for 35-45 minutes – you don’t want it too mushy but also not too hard.
5. Enjoy! Save the leftovers for lunches for the week!
Calories per serving: 572 (you could decrease this by dividing the dish into smaller pieces or by using less pasta and more veg)
What’s great about this recipe is you don’t have to pre-cook the pasta can add any and all veggies of your choice! The smaller you have cut the,/ grated them, the better! Think zucchini, aubergine, beans, cauliflower rice, pumpkin, etc.
Note* if you want to grate and use zucchini and aubergine: these veggies contain a lot of water and will probably make your bake too mushy. To avoid this – grate the veg, put some salt on it and leave it for a while. Then use paper towel to squish all the water out.